Many ISPs are looking for self-service solutions to help reduce high support call volumes and enable their end-customers to solve smaller tasks themselves. In response to this, Icotera has developed a Wi-Fi app that plays a vital role in empowering end-users to manage their Wi-Fi set-up in a real-time environment.
Support agents are often busy with calls from customers experiencing Wi-Fi setup or coverage problems. This type of support takes up too much time in the call log, is costly for the Internet Service Provider (ISP) and disrupts the customer experience. Self-service solutions where end-customers can solve smaller tasks themselves are therefore very appealing.
– When it comes to setting up the Wi-Fi access points, we are seeing a shift from the traditional web-browser interface to intuitive smartphone apps. ISPs are much more focused on delivering a seamless and user-friendly customer journey that helps users in different support tiers, says Jens Bundgaard, Technical Program Manager at Icotera.
Streamlining the customer journey
Customers increasingly want to solve their own problems, which is why a self-service app can help meet their expectations whilst playing an essential role in the customer journey. For example, by incorporating the app as a core touchpoint after unboxing the router.
– A self-service app can play an important role at the beginning of the customer journey, when the user is configuring their Wi-Fi. By using an app that guides the customer, you can avoid them having to call a support number and waiting in a queue for 20 minutes to solve a simple task like setting up the password or SSID, explains Bundgaard.
Basic configurations and troubleshooting of Wi-Fi-related issues like slow internet and buffering videos are among the most common themes for the support agents. Minimizing this type of support will save ISPs time and money on their support operation.
– It is not unusual for 60-70 percent of all support calls to be about basic Wi-Fi configurations or the positioning of access points. If you can halve the number of calls by enabling the user to solve the problem via a self-service app, there are real savings to be had. Not to mention the potential to increase the customer retention rate, Bundgaard continues.
“We make it easy for ISPs to engage their customers to set up, troubleshoot and optimize their own Wi-Fi network.
The app is functionally intelligent and is focused on ensuring the end-user has the best possible Wi-Fi coverage. The app automatically suggests re-positioning an access point if necessary and allows you to measure the result immediately after.”
– Jens Bundgaard, Technical Program Manager, Icotera
An intelligent smartphone app
Icotera’s new intelligent smartphone app is a standalone app that is easy to integrate into the ISP business. Its user-friendly and intuitive design delivers a powerful user experience that will minimize the need for support. Ultimately reducing the total cost of ownership.
– We make it easy for ISPs to engage their customers to set up, troubleshoot and optimize their own Wi-Fi network. The app is functionally intelligent and is focused on ensuring the end-user has the best possible Wi-Fi coverage. The app automatically suggests re-positioning an access point if necessary and allows you to measure the result immediately after, says Bundgaard.
The app monitors and optimizes the Wi-Fi experience for the users in real time, and allows them to connect to multiple extenders, run speed tests, and complete basic configurations. If the user experiences poor Wi-Fi coverage, the app assesses the network coverage and estimates whether an access point should be repositioned.
In addition to the app’s intelligent functions and user-friendliness, it allows ISPs to stay commercially competitive.
– From a commercial perspective, Icotera offers a great deal of flexibility when it comes to customizing the app. If the ISP wants to deliver the app experience under their own brand, we can customize the app with a logo, self-help guides and much more to improve the customer experience and customer journey even further, ends Bundgaard.
Want to know more?
On how your ISP business can benefit from using Icotera’s new intelligent smartphone app, feel free to contact our Technical Program Manager, Jens Bundgaard at email@example.com
Curious about why the issue of 5G and fiber isn’t a question of either/or?
Download our opinion paper Fiber versus 5G - is 5G really the end of fiber here